Two weeks ago, the weather was very hot. Therefore, I found this watermelon salad recipe. It was just perfect for a hot summer day! The watermelon was sweet, and the cheese was creamy. The salad was very refreshing and tasty. Next time, I am going to make it with mint leaves.
Watermelon Arugula Salad (Adapted from Ina Garten)
– 1/8th seedless watermelon (cut into 1-inch cubes)
– 3 cups baby arugula (washed and dried with paper towels)
– 4 ounces feta cheese (cut into ½-inch cubes)
– 1/8 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
– 1/8 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
– 1/8 cup shallots (minced)
– 1 tablespoon honey
– ¼ cup olive oil
– ground black pepper
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the orange juice, lemon juice, shallots, honey, salt and pepper. Pour in the olive oil slowly, and whisk constantly until creamy.
- In a large bowl, combine the watermelon, arugula, cheese together. Drizzle enough vinaigrette to coat the salad lightly, and toss well. Season with salt and pepper to your taste. Serve immediately.
- The original recipe has mint leaves, but I am not a fan of mint. So, I opted it out. If you want, you can add ½ cup whole fresh mint leaves.