Cheesecake is rich and creamy! It is hard to pass over. This New York cheesecake is smooth and creamy with a hint of lemon. And, the cheesecake came out perfect looking with no crack. Raspberry sauce is Bryan’s favorite. It was tart and sweet at the same time. Although this recipe is very time consuming, this is the best cheesecake recipe I have had so far! It is worth a try. Yum Yum…
New York Cheesecake with Raspberry Sauce (Adapted from Emeril Lagasse)
1 (9-inch) cheesecake
– 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
– 6 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted)
– 4 tablespoons sugar
– 2 ½ pounds cream cheese (softened at room temperature)
– 1 ½ cup sugar
– ½ cup sour cream
– 5 eggs
– 2 egg yolks
– 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
– 1 ½ tablespoon fresh lemon juice
– ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
– 6 ounce fresh raspberries
– ¾ cup seedless raspberry jam
– ¼ cup sugar
– ¼ cup water
– 1 tablespoon orange juice
- Preheat oven to 375˚F.
- Grease a 9-inch springform pan with butter. In a medium mixing bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter. Mix well. Pour the mixture into the springform pan. Press the mixture onto the bottom and sides. Bake in the oven for 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Change the oven temperature to 450˚F.
- In a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer, combine cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice, and vanilla. Beat until light and creamy. Add the flour, then the eggs and yolks one at a time until mix well. Add the sour cream and mix until smooth.
- Pour the filling into the springform pan and bake for 12 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 200˚F and bake for 2 hours more. Turn off the oven and let the cheesecake stand in the warm oven for ½ hour. Transfer the springform pan to a cooling rack and let cool completely. Refrigerate the cake overnaight before serving.
- For the sauce, in a small saucepan over medium-low heat, combine raspberries, jam, sugar, and water. Cook until the raspberries, jam and sugar are melted. Add the orange juice. Strain the mixture through a strainer to get rid of all the seeds. Let the sauce to cool completely and chill in the fridge.
- Serve a slice of cheesecake with a spoon full of raspberry sauce.
- To make graham cracker crumbs, put a few crackers in a big Ziploc bag. Zip up the bag, and use a rolling pin to roll the crackers until they turn into crumbs.
- Make any kind of sauce you want to go with the cheesecake or just eat it plain.
[…] New York Cheesecake with Raspberry Sauce […]