An easy Baked Salmon with Honey Mustard Sauce is the dinner you need to try! Takes only 5 minutes to prep, then bake in the oven. Honey, whole grain mustard, dijon mustard, lemon, garlic and butter make a perfectly balanced sauce!
I have news to share. Guest what? We’re moving back to Los Angeles! I know… You must be thinking “WHAT?” Long story short, Bryan got another new job, which is back in LA. Although no one has to go to the office right now (covid), he will need to go back to the office eventually. Since our apartment lease is ending next month, we have decided to move now instead of later.
Even though we have only been in the Bay Area for a year, I can’t tell you how much we love it up here. The greenery just can’t be compared. Redwood trees are all over the area on the west side. It feels very good looking at them and walking around them. Also, I never thought I will say that, but I love the suburban. Housing is more spread out, streets are bigger and it’s less crowded. Then, there is the accessibility of Asian food and grocery. The South Bay is so small. You can get from east to west or north to south in about 20 minutes, which is impossible in LA. It’s very convenient, especially during covid time.
We never regret moving up to the Bay Area. Bryan didn’t regret taking the job (the one that moved us up here) either. We’re very happy that we got the opportunity to live somewhere else other than Southern California. We wish we could have explored the Northern California more. We wish we could have more time meeting up with old friends and new friends. It was not an easy decision. But at this moment, moving back is for the better. I’m a bit sad, but I know we’ll come back to visit in the near future.
Ok, back to recipe. Salmon is my favorite go-to fish. Easy to get and flavorful! This recipe requires very little work. All you need is to season the salmon and cover the salmon with the sauce, then bake.
The sauce is a honey mustard sauce. Melted butter, honey, whole grain mustard, dijon mustard, lemon juice & garlic. Just stir everything together. It has a good balance of flavors, sweetness, richness & acidity. I have been kind of obsessed with whole grain mustard lately. The mustard seeds give the smooth sauce a little texture. It was so good that Bryan wish there was more sauce.
I know weeknights can get busy and chaotic. This recipe will be your best friend. You’ll need only 5 minutes to prep. Easy clean up too. Give this try and hope you will like it.
We’ll be moving in just a couple weeks, so I need to get back to packing. Have a wonderful week!
Baked Salmon with Honey Mustard Sauce
- 2 (6 – 8 ounces) salmon fillets
- 1½ tablespoons unsalted butter (melted)
- ¾ tablespoon honey
- ½ tablespoon whole grain or old style mustard
- ½ tablepsoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1 teapoon fresh parsley (minced)
- Vegetable oil
- Lemon wedges (optional for serving)
- Preheat the oven to 400˚F (200˚C). In a baking dish that is large enough to fit the fillets, brush a thin layer of vegetable oil to coat the bottom.
- In a small bowl, stir together melted butter, honey, both mustards, lemon juice & garlic.
- Place the salmon skin-side down on a working surface. Season with salt and pepper on both sides. Transfer to the prepared baking dish. Spoon the honey mustard mixture all over the salmon. Bake in the oven for 13 – 16 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Sprinkle with parsley and lemon wedges (optional). Serve immediately.
- The baking dish I used is 8 x 8.
- I used two 8-ounce fillets, it took about 16 minutes to cook.
- If you like more sauce, double the sauce.