This Loaded Tater Tots is a great last-minute appetizer for any game day or brunch for any weekend! Baked or fried tater tots are topped with bacon, sausage, cheese, green onion & tabasco mayo.
Super Bowl is next weekend. Who’s going to watch? Bryan and I don’t watch too much football. But since it’s the Super Bowl and it’s going to be 49ers (Northern California team), we will probably tune in.
We’re more excited about the food for Super Bowl. This Loaded Tater Tots dish is inspired by a restaurant in Los Angeles, The Pan. We went there a couple times before moving away. We really like their loaded hash browns. So this is my version with tater tots.
With only just a few ingredients, these tots can be done with little preparation. First, cook the tater tots, I baked mine in oven. If you prefer, frying tots are much crispier. Meanwhile, cook the bacon and sausage until crispy and nicely browned. Then, add the tater tots to the skillet and toss together. Top with cheese, and green onion for some freshness. Last, but not least, the tabasco mayo! Spicy & tangy mayo is excellent over the tots. Very easy, right?
These tots are not only good for Super Bowl or game day, they can be served as breakfast as well. Make it even better with a fried egg! Good luck to your team on Super Bowl!
Easy Loaded Tater Tots
- 16 ounces frozen tater tots
- 3 slices bacon (cut into ½-inch slices)
- 4 fully cooked pork sausage links (sliced)
- 1/3 cup cheddar jack cheese (shredded)
- 2 green onion (thinly sliced)
- ¼ cup Japanese mayonnaise or regular mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon tabasco pepper sauce (about 30 drops)
- Preheat the fryer or oven according to package instruction for the tots. Cook the tots until crispy and golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Without adding any oil, add the bacon and cook until crispy. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels. Wipe the skillet fairly clean with paper towels. Add sausage and cook until nicely browned. Transfer to the same plate with the bacon. Wipe the skillet once again with paper towels.
- Turn the heat down to medium-low, add the cooked tots into the skillet. Add the bacon & sausage. Gently toss everything together. Sprinkle the cheese all over. Top with green onion. Drizzle desired amount of mayo on top. Serve immediately.
- Tater tots can be both fried or baked. Fried tots are crispier, but if not, baked ones work too. I baked mine.
- I used fully cooked sausage, but feel free to switch to fresh sausages if you like.
- Try to finish the tater tots and sausage at the same time, so everything stays warm.
Leave a Reply