Honey Tangerine Fizz is the bubbly mocktail for the citrus season! Add a little bit of gin or vodka to make an alcoholic drink!
Any plan for New Year eve? Bryan and I don’t really like traffic, huge crowd and road blocks. Therefore, counting down somewhere on the street or at a restaurant isn’t exactly our kind of things. We are likely going to stay put and enjoy a quiet night at our warm and cozy home. Let’s hope I wouldn’t fall asleep on the couch by 11pm! Finger crossing… 😛
Even though we will be celebrating at home, it doesn’t mean that it has to be boring. We are probably going to watch a movie or play some video games. Most importantly, we can cheer to the new year with this sweet and refreshing mocktail (or cocktail)! The citrus season has arrived, the tangerines, mandarins and clementines are all very sweet, cheap and easy to find. With a little honey and lemon juice, this seasonal and bubbly drink is your best way to start the year!
Happy 2016! Wishing you all a wonderful new year ahead!
Honey Tangerine Fizz
- ¾ cup fresh tangerine juice (strained) (about 7 – 8 tangerines)
- ½ tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2½ tablespoons honey
- ¾ cup San Pellegrino Sparkling Beverage, Limonata (lemon)
- 1½ ounces Gin or Vodka (optional)
- 10 - 12 ice cubes
- 4 raspberries (optional for garnish)
- In a pitcher or large measuring cup, combine the tangerine juice, lemon juice and honey. Stir until the honey has dissolved. Pour in the sparkling beverage. If using alcohol, add it right now. Stir gently.
- In 2 serving glasses, add 5 – 6 ice cubes in each cup. Pour in the fizz. Garnish each drink with 2 raspberries. Serve immediately.
- You can use mandarins or clementines as well.
- If you can’t find San Pellegrino Sparkling Beverage, use lemon sparkling water or club soda. Taste and adjust the amount of lemon juice and honey.