2021 is almost over! Time really flies! It may not a year that we all wish for, but I hope we got through it with lots of good food! Look forward to a better year ahead! In the meantime, let’s take a look at our Top 6 recipes in 2021.
I can’t believe it’s the end of a year again. This year is another weird one. Personally, life has been pretty slow. We were able to go out and do some short trips, which is really nice after being stuck at home for 2020. But we’re still being careful and haven’t flown on a plane yet. Hope covid will slow down in 2022 for real, so things can be more normal.
For the blog, it hasn’t been an easy year. I have been really slow with recipe developing. For many times, I feel uninspired and unmotivated. I hope to be more positive and walk out from this in 2022. Thank you very much for your continued support. Your comments are what keep me going! Thank you! ❤️❤️❤️
Wish you all a joyful and healthy 2022! Happy New Year!
Before we head to 2022, it’s time to look back at our 2021 Top 6 Recipes!
- Yogurt Panna Cotta with Strawberry & Honey – Silky smooth panna cotta that is a little tangy from the yogurt. Pair with sweet honey and fresh strawberry. No doubt an excellent dessert for summer!
- Blood Orange Sorbet – This has to be the prettiest sorbet color ever! All natural color from the red juice in blood orange. A light dessert that is sweet and tart!
- Burnt Mandarin Orange Gin & Tonic – A fun twist on classic! Sprinkle sugar on mandarin slices and torch it for a bit. The sugar gets caramelized and added to the cocktail. A really lovely drink!
- Spam and Egg Sandwiches – Savory spam and runny egg yolk is the perfect combination! Balance with fresh arugula and spicy chili sauce mayo. That is one breakfast sandwich you don’t want to miss!
- Mandarin Orange-Lemon Curd – This curd is creamy and bright. It’s less tart than regular lemon curd, which is great on all kind of things. All you need is 15 minutes!
- Lemon Earl Grey Pound Cake – This buttery pound cake absolutely deserves to be number 1. It’s moist with a hint of lemon and tea. Just bring yourself a cup of coffee/tea, you’re set.
BONUS – My Favorite Recipe of the Year:
Cheesy Black Bean Dip – It looks so ordinary, but it’s one of my favorites! Creamy, savory, cheesy, little sweet, and little citrusy. Either for a game day or dinner party, get yourself a big bag of tortilla chips, because you will need them all.