Ricotta Toast with Cherries is the easiest appetizer to make. Not only it takes less than 10 minutes to do, they are creamy, sweet, savory & crunchy. Everyone will go crazy over these toast!
I have to admit that I’m having cherry fever. We have been enjoying the rosemary cherry compote for the whole week. It really was amazing!
Since I want to make more compote, we were planning to go to cherry picking (there is one in Los Angeles). Here is the thing, we tried to go 3 times this month. First time, the farm was closed unexpectedly as I told you last week. Second time, there was a family emergency, so we couldn’t go. And this morning, there was a huge car accident on the only freeway that go to the farm. All lanes were closed. Yup, it’s a jinx. I’m not supposed to go.
It’s ok… I will just buy some cherries and make more compote. When you have the compote, you have to try this toast! Creamy, crunchy, sweet & savory. Nothing complicated. Just buttered toast, ricotta, salt & cherry compote. Took 10 minutes to make and they are the perfect appetizer!
Happy 4th of July!!! ??
Ricotta Toast with Cherries
- 6 slices French baguette (about 3/4-inch thick)
- 1½ tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ tablespoon vegetable oil
- 6 teaspoons ricotta
- 8 – 9 tablespoons
Rosemary Cherry Compote
- In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, warm butter and vegetable oil. Add the sliced baguette and cook until golden brown on one side, about 5 – 6 minutes. Turn them over and cook for another 2 minutes. Transfer to a serving plate.
- Spread about 1 teaspoon of ricotta onto each toast. Lightly sprinkle with salt. Scoop 3 – 4 cherries and a little bit of juice on each toast. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- As appetizer, 2 – 3 toast are a good amount for one person.
Leave a Reply