If you may have noticed, I have been posting a few more cocktail or drink recipes this year. You are absolutely correct! It is all thanks to our bar cabinet.
Before we moved, our place was tiny (425 square feet). Don’t talk about liquor bottles. We barely have enough space to store all my pots, pans, kitchen tools and gadgets. At the most, we had a bottle of gin (Bryan’s favorite) and a bottle of golden rum (to make tiramisu). That was it, our old “bar”.
When we were shopping for furniture for our condo, we were both certain that we needed a bar cabinet. It was one of the best decisions ever! Once you start building your bar, you realize that there are so many things you need and want. White rum, golden rum, vodka, whiskey, Japanese whiskey, gins, tequila, shochu, mixer… The list keeps growing and growing.
Then I realize Bryan is obsessed with glassware. When we go to Crate and Barrel, I would be walking all around and looking at different things. But Bryan? He is always in the glassware section. He likes the short one, tall one, fat one… Pretty much any one. If he could, he would bring them all home. Lucky that our cabinet provides a good amount of spaces for glassware. But I can tell you that they are all filled now. I hope Bryan is not buying any more.
But yeah, because of the bar cabinet, we are able to expand our bar and have easy access to the liquor. That is the reason why I have been able to make more drinks and share more drink recipes.
Now, who is ready for a cocktail?
Peaches are at their best right now. Whenever I walk by them in the grocery store, I couldn’t walk away. I must return to either grab a few or breathe in all that sweet fragrant. This cocktail is a great way to celebrate peaches. As Bryan said, this cocktail is peachy. The flavors of the sweet white peach came through strongly. With the fresh mint and lemon juice, the drink is refreshing and aromatic. It would make a great party cocktail or a nice drink for yourself to enjoy the rest of the summer.
White Peach Mojito
– ¾ ripe white peach (cut into cubes)
– 4 mint leaves, plus extra for garnish
– 1½ tablespoon simple syrup
– 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
– 1½ ounce white rum
– 6 ice cubes
– ½ cup club soda
– ¼ cup sugar
– ¼ cup water
- To make simple syrup, in a small pot, add sugar and water. Cook over medium heat until the sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature. Transfer to an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- In a serving glass, crush the mint leaves with a muddler.
- In a blender, blend the peaches until smooth. Pour the puree into the serving glass. Add simple syrup, lemon juice and white rum. Add the ice and soda. Stir to mix. Garnish with extra mint leaves. Serve immediately.
- You can use yellow peach, but you may want to adjust the sweetness, as yellow peach is slightly more tart.
(Adapted from Southern Living via MyRecipes.com)