Fall is here! I can feel the cool air. Woo hoo! That is really exciting! I love Fall! Until a few days ago, I didn’t think about why I love Fall. After some throughout thinking, I have finally figured it out. When the weather starts to get cold and the wind is blowing outside, it is nice to stay at home. Turn on the heater, drink a cup of hot chocolate, and cuddle up with the loved ones. It is cozy, warm and sweet! That home sweet home feeling is what I love.
To welcome the arrival of Fall, I have this roasted vegetables recipe for you. It is made with some seasonal vegetables, like brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes. It is very easy, but flavorful with all the dried herbs. I also love the color of the dish. There are green, brown, orange, and white. Just amazing to look at. This is definitely a side dish I would make a lot at this Fall. Hope you will like it too!
Roasted Root Vegetables and Brussels Sprouts (Adapted from Giada De Laurentiis via Foodnetwork.com)
– 3 medium carrots (peeled, washed and cut into 1½-inch dices)
– 2 medium red potatoes (washed and cut into 1½-inch dices)
– ¼ pound Brussels Sprouts (washed and halved)
– 1 medium parsnip (peeled, washed and cut into 1½-inch dices)
– 1 medium sweet potato (washed and cut into 1½-inch diced)
– 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
– ¼ heaping teaspoon dried oregano
– ¼ heaping teaspoon dried rosemary
– ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
– ¼ teaspoon dried basil
– sea salt
– ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400˚F.
- In a rimmed baking sheet, toss the vegetables with olive oil. Sprinkle all the dried herbs over the vegetables. Toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Toss again. If needed, add more olive oil. Spread the vegetables in a single layer. Bake in the oven for 38 – 42 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked and tender. Transfer to a serving plate. Serve immediately.
- You can substitute any root vegetables with other root vegetables, like butternut squash and yam.
- I didn’t try parsnip until this recipe. It has a mild taste with little sweetness. I loved it!
- Fresh herbs can be burned easily, so it is better to use dried ones.
Oh, this looks good! I made Brussels sprouts last night too but with chorizo sausage. 🙂 Either way, I’m infatuated with this veg.
Thanks Jayne. Brussels sprouts are so good and cute! Everyone should fall in love with this vegetables. Btw, my husband really loves chorizo. Will you be posting that chorizo recipe soon? I would love to see how you make it. 🙂
The Healthy Epicurean says
I have a passion for Brussels sprouts. We don’t see them here until nearly Christmas though (it’s still 35°C here at the moment). I can’t wait! Your roasted vegetables look delicious!
I didn’t try brussels sprouts until a few months ago. Before that, I heard many people saying that they don’t like brussels sprouts. So I hesitated to try. After I tried it, I love it! It is just like cabbage, but with a stronger flavor. And they are so adorable! Hope you can get your hands in brussels sprouts soon! 🙂
I love roasted vegetables and the combination of vegetables and herbs you used for this recipe look fantastic! Thanks for a great post!
Thank you Bill. Roasting just brings out all the sweetness from vegetables. Definitely a great way to enjoy vegetables.
Amy Tong says
I love roasting root veggies too. The flavors are so concentrated and earthy. I love this simple Fall dish. 🙂
Thank you. Enjoy the beautiful Fall weather. 🙂
This dish looks fabulous! I adore roasted vegetables – especially brussel sprouts 🙂 Such a comforting and perfect Fall dish, thanks for sharing 🙂
Oh yes, that roasted brussels sprouts are earthy and sweet. Hope you like this dish.
I love love love roasted veggies – this combination sounds delicious! I love getting all cozy on the couch with a blanket and coffee/tea during the fall – my favorite time of the year!
YES, Ashley! That is exactly what I like about Fall. Hope you will enjoy this Fall dish!
Pamela @ Brooklyn Farm Girl says
Perfect roasted vegetables, definitely a delicious side dish!
Thank you Pamela. Yes, this is such delicious healthy side dish. Thanks for stopping by. 🙂
Nami | Just One Cookbook says
I love roasted vegetables, and especially all kinds of root veggies… I wish my family eats brussel sprouts like I do then we’d be eating more frequently! Very lovely fall dish!
Yes, root vegetables are mostly sweet and some creamy. They are so good when roasted. If you made this dish, your can steal all the brussels sprouts to yourself, and leave your family everything else. 😀