Baked Smoked Paprika Chicken Wings are not your ordinary chicken wings. They are smokey and a little sweet. Excellent as appetizer or main dish.
Super Bowl is coming up on Sunday. And we can’t go without some chicken wings. These chicken wings are perfect. They are smokey, little sweet and packed with flavors. Absolutely fantastic! The most important is that they just need to go in the oven. Not much work is needed. You can just sit back, relax and enjoy your game with your families and friends, instead of being stuck in the kitchen to cook.
Baked Smoked Paprika Chicken Wings
- 3 pounds chicken wings
- 2½ tablespoons olive oil
- 3 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 3 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1½ – 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1½ teaspoons onion powder
- 1¾ teaspoons kosher salt
- 1½ teaspoons ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425˚F. Line 2 baking sheets with foils or parchment papers.
- In a large bowl, combine the olive oil, smoked paprika, brown sugar, garlic powder, chili powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Pat dry the chicken wings with paper towels. And mix them well with the paprika mixture.
- Place the chicken wings on the prepared baking sheets in a single layer. Bake in the oven 15 minutes. Then turn the other side and continue to cook for another 10 – 13 minutes until cook through. Transfer the wings to a serving plate. Serve immediately.
- Regular paprika is NOT smoked paprika. It doesn’t have much flavors. Smoked paprika has a sweet and smokey taste which can’t be substitute. I got my smoked paprika in a regular supermarket on the spices section.
- The original recipe comes with a dip, but I found the chicken wings very flavorful and juicy by themselves. No dip is needed.
- There are about 30 small wings in 3 pounds of chicken wings. It is just right for 2 people for dinner if chicken wings are the only dish.
- For the chili powder, 1½ teaspoon is perfect for mild. Adjust to your own taste.
Nami | Just One Cookbook says
We love chicken wings in our house, and whatever the occasions, it’s always a big hit! I saw this at Chung-Ah’s site too. I should make these – look so delicious!!
These wings are fabulous! Tons of flavors! Probably my favorite wing recipe at the moment. 🙂
an amazing recipe my brother LOVED IT and I’m a 13 year old and it was so ready to do it
Glad you guys enjoyed the wings! Thank you for letting me know. ?
Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella says
This looks great! And the seasoning ingredients list is made up of things that you’d have in your pantry so that’s very useful!
Yes, Lorraine. No need to hustle to supermarket for ingredients and no cutting at all. Just stay home and relax. Perfect for the lazy me. Heehee… Have a wonderful weekend!
lisa lawless (@lisaiscooking) says
Smoked paprika is one of my favorite flavors lately. It’s perfect for the wings!
Definitely! The smokey flavor and the bright red color are great for everything.
I love chicken wings. And these look really yummy and will go so well with the roasted broccolli. I’m going to make these for dinner soon. Thanks for sharing the recipes.
You are very welcome Belle! Enjoy! Let me know how that goes. 🙂
oh man, chicken wings are my #1 superbowl food. and smoked paprika is my favorite spice, so i think we’re on the same food wavelength!
Haha… Yea! I can really eat this every other week! Have a good Sunday.