Be honest, I don’t know if this is really a Korean dish. But this dish is sweet and savory at the same time, which is similar to some flavors in Korean cuisine. And I don’t care what flavor profile this dish is! I love this recipe! It is easy, simple and fast! You can get everything ready in less than 15 minutes! Sometimes, if you have a long day and you just don’t feel like cooking much, this recipe is for you. You don’t need to do much, but you will have a tasty meal to put out. No one needs to know how easy that was. 🙂
Korean Beef (Adapted from Lizzy Writes)
– 1 pound lean ground beef
– 5 green onions (finely diced)
– 1/3 cup light brown sugar
– ¼ cup soy sauce
– 4 cloves garlic (minced)
– 1 tablespoon sesame oil
– ½ teaspoon ginger (minced)
– dash of red peppers flakes
– ground black pepper
– roasted sesame seeds (optional)
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, soy sauce, ginger, and red pepper flakes. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, drizzle the sesame oil. Cook the beef and garlic until cook through. Drain most of the fat. Stir in the brown sugar mixture. Turn the heat to medium-low and cook for 4 – 5 minutes. Serve hot immediately over steamed rice and top with green onions and sesame seeds (if using).
- Green onions are crucial in this dish. Do not leave out.
- Beef cubes and strips would work in this recipe too.
[…] stunning picture, but also the name “Korean beef”. A few years ago, I have posted a Korean beef recipe. It is a simple meat dish with the sweet and savory Korean flavors. To this day, I still […]