Happy New Year! To start of the new year, I share with you this healthy and delicious veggie recipe. The zucchini was soft and juicy in the inside and crispy on the outside. Delicious! This is a really great side dish or snack. I am sure everyone will love it, even kids who do not like vegetables will like it.
Zucchini Parmesan Bites (Adapted from Ellie Kriegar via Food Network)
2 – 3 servings
– 2 medium zucchini
– ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan
– ¼ cup panko or plain dry bread crumbs
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
– ground black pepper
– vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to 450˚F. Grease a baking sheet with vegetable oil.
- Wash and dry the zucchini. Slice the zucchini into ¼-inch thick slices. In a medium bowl, toss the zucchini with the olive oil.
- In a small bowl, combine the Parmesan, panko, dash of salt, and pepper. Roll and coat the zucchini slices into the Parmesan mixture. Press the coating on to stick. Place in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle extra Parmesan mixture on top of the zucchini.
- Bake until browned and crisp on the outside, about 25 – 30 minutes. Transfer the zucchini to a plate. Serve immediately.
these are awesome … however, to make a little healthier, I just put them on a foil lined cookie sheet, spray with PAM and then layer zucchini. Sprinkle with a small amount of garlic salt and Parmesan and bake until tender. YUM!
Absolutely! That is a great idea. Thank you for stopping by.
yum! these look awesome! i love zucchini! definitely a great way to eat zucchinis that deep frying them. Thanks for sharing 🙂
Yes. These zucchini were yummy and healthy. I usually just boiled them in the water, but this little bites are so much tastier.
Betsy Durand says
These look like some zucchini fries I made last summer– just in rounds. I like the idea of doing them more like potatoe chips. They are good with a small dollop of ranch.
These little round bites are great sizes. Thanks for the ranch tips. I will sure try that next time. Thank you for stopping by, Betsy.