This brownie recipe is very simple. It is not that harder than a store-brought brownie package. I added some semi-chocolate chips in the batter, so there was crunchy bite. I like the brownies. They were so moist and chocolatey, but Bryan thinks they were too chocolatey for him. Oh well. If you like chocolate, you will like this.
Good Old Brownies (Adapted from bon appetit Desserts)
20 – 24 brownies
– 5 ounces unsweetened chocolate (chopped)
– 4 ounces unsalted butter (cut into 8 pieces)
– 2 cups sugar
– 1 cup all purpose flour
– 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
– 4 large eggs
– ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Line 13x9x2-inch baking pan with aluminum foil, leaving 2-inch overhang on both long sides. Lightly grease the foil with oil or nonstick spray.
- In a large saucepan over low heat, stir in the chocolate and butter and cook until melted and smooth. Cool aside for 15 minutes.
- Whisk sugar and vanilla into the chocolate mixture. Whisk in the eggs and salt, then stir in flour. Spread the batter in the baking pan.
- Bake the brownies until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs attached, about 20 minutes. Cool in pan. Serve the brownies at room temperature or microwave a slice for 10 seconds and top with ice cream.
- For storage, keep the brownies in airtight container for 3 – 4 days at room temperature.
Leave a Reply