Quesadilla is so easy to make, and it can be changed up with different ingredients. It is a perfect dinner during weeknight. This recipe was inspired by a college friend who made a quesadilla with cherry tomatoes and parsley. Instead of using parsley, I used cilantro. The flavor of cilantro is much stronger. The cherry tomatoes gave some sweetness and freshness to the cheesy quesadilla. It was delicious! Don’t forget the salsa, sour cream and guacamole!
Chicken and Cherry Tomato Quesadilla
– 1 cooked chicken thigh fillets or ½ chicken breast (shredded or cubed)
– 6 – 8 cherry or cherub tomatoes
– small bunch cilantro leaves
– 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
– 3 large flour tortillas
– sour cream (topping)
– salsa (topping)
– guacamole (topping)
- Cut each tomato in half or third. Set aside.
- Heat a large pan over medium-low heat. Add the tortilla to the pan and cook until it is lightly brown, about 2 minutes. Using a spatula, turn the tortilla over and cook the other side.
- While cooking, on half of the tortilla, add little cheese. Add desire amount of chicken, tomatoes, and cilantro. Top with little extra cheese. Fold the tortillas in half over the ingredients to make a half-moon.
- When the tortilla is golden brown on both sides, transfer the quesadilla to cutting board. Repeat with the other two quesadillas.
- Once the quesadillas are ready, cut each quesadilla into 4 portions. Top them with the sour cream, salsa and guacamole. Serve immediately.
- I didn’t want to make my own chicken, so I used a store-bought package of cooked chicken.
- Pepper Jack cheese is a good substitution.
Leave a Reply