This Thanksgiving, I was thinking to make some kind of pumpkin dessert. But I have made the pumpkin gooey bar (Read) for the past two years. I wanted to have something new and different. Finally, I have decided on this pumpkin cupcake recipe. My father-in-law ate 3 of these cupcakes at one time, and my mother-in-law asked me to make these again for Christmas. I love these cupcakes too! They are not too sweet, but flavorful. The cream cheese icing is absolutely perfect with the cupcakes. This recipe is very simple, and it won’t take you all day!
Pumpkin Cupcake with Cream Cheese Icing (Adapted from Paula Deen)
– 4 extra large eggs
– 1 2/3 cups granulated sugar
– 1 cup vegetable oil
– 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin
– 2 cups all-purpose flour (sifted)
– 2 teaspoons baking powder
– 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 1 teaspoon baking soda
– 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese (softened)
– ½ cup butter or margarine (softened)
– 2 cups powdered sugar (sifted)
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F. Line 2 muffin pans with 18 cupcake liners.
- Using an electric mixer at medium speed, combine the eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin until light and fluffy.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and baking soda.
- Add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture and mix at low speed until combined and the batter is smooth.
- Divide the batter evenly among the cupcake tins about ¾ filled. Bake in oven for about 20 – 22 minutes. Test the cupcakes with a toothpick for doneness. Remove from oven and cool completely before frosting.
- For the icing, combine the cream cheese and butter in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the sugar and mix at low speed until combined. Stir in the vanilla and mix again. Frost and decorate the cupcakes.
[…] Pumpkin Cupcake with Cream Cheese Icing […]