The dressing of this recipe is a vinaigrette. It is light and tasty. It is definitely better than ranch or blue cheese dressing. With the avocado, the salad is creamy and delicious. Bryan loves the dressing, and he loves everything with bacon. I think I will be making this salad a lot more!
Cobb Salad (Adapted from Ellie Krieger’s Cobb Salad)
– 2 slices bacon
– 2 eggs
– 2 medium tomatoes (diced)
– 1 avocado (diced)
– 6 cups romaine lettuce (coarsely chopped) (2/3 lettuce head)
– 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
– 1 cup cooked chicken breast (diced)
– 3 tablespoons olive oil
– 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
– 1 tablespoon lemon juice
– 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
– 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
– 1 garlic clove (minced)
– ¼ teaspoon salt
– ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place the bacon on the baking sheet. Put the sheet in a cold oven. Turn on the oven to 400˚F. Cook for 17 – 20 minutes until golden brown. Dry the bacon with paper towel, and let it rest for at least 10 minutes. Dice and set aside.
- In a small pot, place 2 eggs with water. Cover the eggs with at least one inch of cold water. Boil over high heat for 16 – 18 minutes. Rinse the eggs under coldwater for 5 minutes. Peel off the shell and diced the eggs. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all of the dressing ingredients and set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss the lettuce with ½ dressing. Taste and adjust.
- Put the lettuce on a serving dish. Place the tomatoes, avocado, chicken, eggs, bacon, and cheese on top of the lettuce. Drizzle with little extra dressing and serve.
Leave a Reply