Chewy chocolate chip cookie is a decent new thing to me. Back in Hong Kong, I have never had a chewy cookie. I always thought chocolate chip cookie was crunchy only. Until I came to the US, I realized there is something better out there. The best chocolate chip cookie is the chewy type! The soft center is so temptingly delicious. This recipe is so easy to do, and no special equipment is needed. I have made this many times, and this recipe never fails. Once you have tried this, you will never go back to the ready-to-bake fridge dough!
Easy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- ½ cup plus ½ tablespoon unsalted butter
- ¾ cup packed dark brown sugar
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- 1½ cup milk chocolate chips or semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Position the rack in the middle of the oven and preheat to 375˚F.
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone sheet.
- Melt the butter in microwave until all melted. Cool slightly.
- Whisk the sugars, eggs, butter and vanilla in a large bowl until smooth.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients with a spatula. Make sure not to over mix. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Wet hands slightly. Scoop a heaped tablespoon of the dough onto one hand, and roll the dough into a ball. Put the dough on the baking sheet, and space the dough apart for about 2 inches.
- Bake until slightly golden for 12 – 14 minutes. For a soft center, 12 minutes is enough. Transfer the cookies to a rack to cool. Serve and enjoy. (Before moving on to the second batch, make sure the baking sheet is cool off.)
- For storage, cool the cookies completely. Put them in a tightly sealed container. They can be store up to 5 days.
[…] to make hundred of cookies. I usually bake 2 kinds of cookies. One is Bryan’s favorite, chocolate chip cookies. The other one is something new and different, like simple lemon cookies, espresso-chocolate […]
[…] Valentine’s Day as an excuse to make dessert for Bryan! I am thinking about baking him some chocolate chip cookies. He loves those! He keeps complaining that I am too busy trying new recipes and never have time […]
[…] years, I use this easy chocolate chip cookies recipe. They are the easiest to toss together, which is a plus when you are baking 100+ cookies. But this […]
[…] than these two marshmallows, I also made Bryan’s favorite chocolate chip cookies, the best simple lemon cookies for this cookie season. I ended up making more than […]